Pride (In The Name Of Love)

I actually have about 3 things I want to write about, but instead, tonight, I am not going to write about any of them. I am going to write about my best friend instead.
I love her, she knows that, I love her enough to even go to Frankfurt and be holed up in a hotel room for 48 hours poorly and enjoy it! That's not what I'm writing about though. It struck me when sat in a very long, very cold, very boring line of frost bitten cars on the way to work this morning how totally proud of her I am. She's had a very busy and rather tough past twelve months in many ways and she's come out of it unscathed and as headstrong and positive as ever!
I was thinking about this because she's just taken on her bosses job at work - which is enough on it's own, but this she is doing this alongside planning her wedding which is in just 16 weeks and 4 days! On top of this, she finished her masters in November, as well as worrying about and supporting family through issues. Lesser people would have fallen way before now.
One of the most surprising things about her though is that she has no idea how strong she really is. She has more than one rather screwey friends (I am including me in that number!) who she is a constant life line and support too which is unwavering and immense. It takes a strong person to handle one such friend like me, but to support several takes a special person.
So given the stresses and pressures she's dealt with over the last twelve months from her friendship, masters, family, health, wedding and work - as well as the pressures she puts on herself anyway - I think I'm justified in saying I'm proud of her.

No comments: