I was thinking about new years resolutions being about doing things rather than being about saying things you could do, and how this year I was my new years resolutions to fall into the former of the two camps.  I was quite vague about my resolutions - mostly probably because if I'm vague about them and don't fulfil them then I won't feel like such a failure.
Two of my vague resolutions were about going to the theatre more and going to more gigs.  I'm happy to announce that I have my own gig night in February, Terrorvision (!) in March and Bring Me The Horizon/ Devil Wears Prada/ Parkway Drive/ Architects in April all booked up.  One a month sounds pretty good rate to me!  Theatre wise, I have Footloose in February, To Kill A Mockingbird in March and We Will Rock You in April, as well as Dirty Dancing booked up for April 2012.  Not very high brow on the whole, but to be honest, I don't give a fuck.  I like what I like.
I think that's a pretty decent start, and the other things previously mentioned - rugby team, finding a guitar teacher - well, it's only 12 days into the new year, I'll give myself a break for not having done them yet.  

No comments: