Okay. So it's pretty accurate to say so far 2011 has been a wash out.  Eight minutes into day two, and it's time to turn this around.  I'm not spending another day feeling the same way as I've spent it so far. 
2011 hasn't magicked up any new ways of handling my depression, or my urges to self harm.  It's not brought forth an instantaneous hit of self confidence, self belief or self worth.  I don't expect miracles, I learnt long ago that they're definitely confined to the pages of fairy tales.  That, and Tinseltown. 
But it's an excuse to try again.  It's a chance to review things and to look at what's changeable, what's achievable and what I want.  And if what I want isn't gettable - then it's about making peace with that and moving on.  So that's what I'm doing. Or at least, that's what I'm trying to do.  And that's all I can do.

No comments: