Alice, What's The Matter?

Thirteen years after I missed out on going to see Terrorvision (still annoyed with my sister about that!), I finally got to see them on Friday just gone.  It was worth the wait.  Tony had a ridiculous amount of energy, which at times was infectious and hard to look away from, and others left me concerned for his health - surely all that jumping at his age can't be any good for him?!

Their new stuff is in a very familiar vein - if Terrorvision were a verb then that's the verb I'd use to describe  the new material.  It's bouncy, fun, rocky, and crowd-friendly.  Their old stuff has aged well, for me Perseverance has earned it's place in late nineties British rock hall of fame: it wasn't just nostalgia that got the crowd jumping for sure.

What I did find hard to swallow was the number of thirty-something men in plaid shirts and loafers who were 'devil horning' whilst keeping a sensible distance in order to not spill the one pint of fosters they'd nursed all evening so they could drive home and get to bed at a decent hour.  Sorry, but that sullies the good name of rock in my book.

On a flip side, I did love the overexcitable kid in the mosh who attempted to crowd surf which ended up with him just kind of mounting his mates back a few times!

Overall, music was great, company was great (although The BestFriend was sick and couldn't make it which did put a dampner on the evening) and the sixteen year old me within was a very happy girl.

No comments: