I got offered a new job this week.  Well, a new role within the charity I already work for rather than a new job.  The thought of it is really exciting, it's an amazing role in so many ways, and the fact that I've been offered it is a massive confidence boost.  At the same time though, it really scares me.  It's working with young runaways and those at risk of sexual exploitation, so involves a lot of safeguarding and working with the Police and Social Services.  I know I'm capable of doing it, but the responsibility is pretty overwhelming.
It also means I have to tell some service users I've been working with for years that I'll no longer be working with them - conversations I really don't want to have.  I know their lives will keep going and they'll still be supported by the service, and maybe it's more my stuff that I don't want to let them go.  Maybe I've got too attached.  Either way, it's going to hurt.

No comments: