There have been a few things I've been half thinking that I should blog this last week or so, but for one reason and another, haven't.  Which probably means they weren't that important after all.  I'm having a week off at the moment - left work Friday lunchtime, jumped in my pre-packed car and headed straight for Cornwall.  The 'ecolodge' I'm staying in has absolutely no signal - in fact the whole valley basin has no signal.  Which is pretty lovely really, if not a bit weird to get used to at first.  I have had to buy wifi access from the park so I can email dissertation work to my tutor and do research stuff.  I did hold off doing this for the first 36 or so hours deliberately.  I didn't want to fall into doing what I do at home but just in another place.  So I made sure I broke routine.  And other that writing this, I've pretty much only used my laptop for writing my methodology.  Instead I've listened to a lot of music and have read an actual fiction book.  I can't say how lovely it is (and how indulgent it feels) to be reading a book that has absolutely nothing to do with gender identity for once!
Yesterday I went to a cider farm, which is pretty much heaven on earth for me.  Then had a leisurely hour or so at a gorgeous National Trust coastline site - shame about the fog though.  Followed by a game of crazy golf in which I was spectacularly awful and the lad in the kiosk could well have been one of the Jonas brothers...
Today's been glorious, hence the sunburn that is now radiating off me like a Belisha beacon.  Lots of swimming & meditating in the sunshine.  Tonight off to Plymouth for dinner with some of my parents old college friends.  Bizarre I know.
Tomorrow is set to be my annual sojourn to Tintagel and Boscastle.  I can't explain why it feels different there.  It just does.  I feel more peaceful, more calm within myself and aware of myself when I go there.  Which is just lovely.  What I really need at the moment is a bit of time looking after me and putting me before my work, so that's exactly what I'm doing.

No comments: