Endings has been quite a theme in my life at the moment.  I've ended all my assessments for uni with the handing in of my dissertation today.  We had our last 'proper' day in our group - all we have left now is our presentations which are held elsewhere on Saturday.  I met with a uni friend I used to live with yesterday, so inevitably we got to talking about old times - friendships and relationships that have suffered the fates of time.  Also, she told me the sad news that one of our acquaintances from uni days had killed himself.  He was someone I knew, although didn't know well.  What I did know of him though, was that he was lovely, kind, friendly, and treated my friend who he dated as a princess.  He also let himself be maligned and thought ill of in order to protect my friends relationship with her sister - a rare example of selfless behaviour.  Add to that, two of the young people I support having serious attempts at suicide last weekend. Luckily, that's two endings that have been avoided.  For now.

No comments: