On her0inchic there is a list of affirmations from which you can pick ones to read to yourself each morning when you get up.  For where I am right now, these are the ones I'm carrying with me (metaphorically):
-When I fill my body with good things I need-rest, proper nutrition, satisfying work, loving and caring, my effectiveness grows.
-Today, I will make an effort to take one small step toward reaching one of my goals.
-I can cope with change today without turning to or away from food.
-I look back and see that my failures are showing me the way to success. I will accept the best I am able to do right now as success for today.
-I may not be in a very good mood. I may not make visible progress today. But, at the very least, I can avoid self-destructive behavior around food. I can follow my meal plan for today, whether I feel like it or not.
-May I courageously continue the adventure of self-discovery.
-I can decide to be cheerful and optimistic, just for today.
-I am free to take charge of my life.
-I choose to release anger in harmless ways.
-I recognize my own true worth.
-I am the only person who thinks in my mind. I am the power and authority in my world.
-I am meant to be very different from everyone else. This releases the burden of feeling like I have to be someone other than me.
-I carry within me all the essentials of a happy existence.
-I will live my life in the way I want to be remembered.
-I will never please everyone and that’s okay.
-I am proud of myself for all I have accomplished no matter how small or great.
-One step at a time. That is how I will get where I am going.
-I am free to be all I can be.
-I make the world more special just by being in it.
-Whatever my weight today, I am a worthwhile person with valuable contributions to make to those around me.
-The only limitations I have are the ones I place on myself
There are some others I wanted on the list, but I'm not ready to admit to the half dozen people who may read this, and some I'm not ready to admit to myself just yet.  Some of those I have on here were really hard to put on it, but I needed to push myself, and it was a step in the right direction for me.

No comments: