She could be, she could be, she could be so wrong

Two posts in 24 hours after only 1 this entire year... Must be on annual leave! On an aside about that, I am sure I wrote a couple of entries that are no longer on my blog, and one of them has chunks missing. I've also no idea what's going on with the text on my 30 songs page.  Which is all very weird.  

Anyway.

After falling asleep around 4.30 I got about 6 hours of reasonably uninterrupted sleep.  No disturbing dreams or nightmares last night so I'm happy with that  I've also woken up having found something else while I was asleep... yes, I found perspective!  

As per usual, the issue(s) lie(s) with with me. I do feel like I'm drifting away from some friends.  But that's okay.   It's happened before, I survived it, and it will happen again and again over the  years.  Instead of reading it as being that I'm rubbish and have frightened people off, I'm positively reframing (counsellor is back) the situation.  

I'm so blessed that a lot of my friends have been around for the majority of my life.  Which makes it all the stranger to think of life without them in it in the way they have been.  If we're meant to be friends forever, we will be.  If we're not, we won't.  And somehow in my 6 hours sleep I managed to find a degree of peace with that.  I'm still not happy or okay about it, but I'm on my journey there.  And that's as good as any of us can do.

No comments: