Bound By Wild Desire, I Fell Into A Ring Of Fire

Last night was the first in what looks set to be a happy future of headlining for Jet Heeled Striker. There was something different about Adam when talking to him before they even got on stage. There was an extra spark in his eye - he always looks relaxed and happy when on stage but last night there was an extra level of adrenaline bouncing around him.
Clearly it wasn't limited to Adam though, because all the guys looked like they had the adrenaline flowing when they hit the stage. It was a great sight. They were relaxed and confident as ever, but there was a bit of a devil-may-care attitude going on too. Not in an arrogant 'you should all listen to us and think we're magnificent' way, but in a 'we love what we're doing and we're going to enjoy ourselves tonight' way. They knew it was their stage, their night, rather than preparing it for someone else. A night that they deserved, and that did not disappoint.
They played their way beautifully through the set which showed their talent at songwriting and performing - each song sounding both unique and as a part of something bigger at the same time. If I actually was ever unselfconscious enough to dance sober (moshing doesn't count as dancing!) then I would have danced my way through the entire thing!
I'm not going to rant on for ages, because to be honest, you should be going to see this band rather than taking my word for it. Adam naming me during the evening before playing the subliminal Generation X (I've changed my mind again, this IS still my favourite song) has no bearing on me saying how good they are - honest!
The only negative comment I have to make - other than that the second band to play were worse than anything I've heard for a very long time - is that they're not playing again until September 25th in The Joiners. However, if last night is anything to go on, it's likely to be a very good night.

No comments: