We'll Beat You Up If You Make Us Annoyed

It's 11:17, I've been at work since 8:15 and I've lost count the amount of times I've wanted to scream at people in my office. Outside of here I would class them as friends, and quite a few of them really are. But with the exception of precisely one colleague I think I've silently screamed at everyone today. If I enjoyed even a moment of my job I think I wouldn't find my colleagues so irritating. The girl I sit next to has been rabbitting on for four hours now about her disjointed family; which is fine - we all talk about ourselves, but I feel like my heads going to implode from lack of stimulation. We've had not one intelligent conversation - don't get me wrong, I'm all for a laugh and a joke, but seriously can we talk about something other than One Tree Hill and Eastenders for ten minutes??! The girl opposite me (who is leaving at the end of the month for a sort of promotion) is having to be told word for word how to write her resignation letter; how hard is it to write "Dear blah, Please accept my resignation from my position as FAB Support Officer. My last day will be blah. Yours sincerely...."????? I just can't be here anymore, I worry for my mental health, seriously, I get to Sunday night and I'm often in tears about the thought of going to work the next morning. I always said I couldn't imagine doing a job I don't find rewarding or I don't enjoy, and look where I am. I need out and fast.

No comments: