Let The Music Play, Down At Fraggle Rock

This week I have a HUGE (and by huge I mean colossal) decision to make. I've had a dream since I was about twelve on a holiday in the Lake District (exotic, I know!) to open my own cafe. Over the years the dream has altered slightly and today has come to rest with it being a cafe with a musical edge. I would have open mic nights and stay open into the evenings for live music. There would be guitars available to pick up and play if they want. There would be local artists work for sale on the walls, and a liquor licence to sell bottles of beer and wine.
Then there's the other potential path, something I haven't dreamt about forever, but I get huge satisfaction from - counselling. My dream with counselling though had never been a straightforward one. I always think of counselling as an addition to something else I do.
So here is plan three: that I go down the cafe route, and when I am stable enough I can expand to counselling too. Maybe even just continue as I do now and volunteer somewhere. I think part of my love of counselling is giving something precious to someone and expecting nothing in return.
Idea two is the safest of the three. Idea one I get tingly and excited about but I feel like I will have wasted the last however many years of studying. So idea three makes most logical sense. I just don't know though if it's a possibility. The thought of not ever doing it though breaks my heart. I don't know if I can do it, but I don't know if I can not do it either.

No comments: