Breaking The Silence

Okay, so here goes. The truth is blogs scare me. I don't quite understand the point of them, but for some reason feel compelled to have one! So that's me: one big mess of contradictions. I also don't know the etiquette around what should be said in your first posting so am likely to get it wrong somewhere along the way. Right this moment I am at work. I have a generic job title and work a generic job. I could be in pretty much any County Council Office across the UK and wouldn't be out of place. On a good day it's dull. On a bad day it's unbearable. I have fulfilled the biggest fear I had as idealist sixth form student and become one of the grey suited masses who murge into an abyss of polyester nothingness. So in an attempt to make a mark on the world I am also a Youth Worker. For those nine hours a week I feel alive, I feel like I have a purpose and that I genuinely matter to this world. Life at the moment is pretty tough. Which, I guess, is probably why I felt the need to write this now. I don't know where to start with that though. So there's another contradiction for you: I feel I need to write it down, but can't manage it at the moment. Laying myself out there scares me. Keeping it in though and feeling like this forever scares me too.

No comments: