Sleeping Pills

I've not slept well for the last month. Actually, more accurately I've hardly slept for the last month. I have coursework due in on Monday and have a lot of work still to do on it. I need to be able to go to sleep so I can be fresh and get on with my work. Out of desperation I succumbed last night once again to taking pills to help me sleep. After about an hour I fell asleep. Seven swift hours later and my alarm brought me back to reality. Well, when I say reality I actually mean a strange state somewhere between the conscious and the sleeping world. The pills had got me to sleep but now I couldn't wake up properly from them. Major problem. It was my plan to do an hours study prior to going to work. Instead it took me all that time to try and shake off this cloud that was enveloping my head. Now I am trying to work out what I dreamt and what has really happened. Everything I dreamt was so vivid that I literally do not know the difference between reality and dream world.
So I am now left with the question, do I take the pills again tonight? If I decide 'Yes' then I get a good sleep but cannot wake up properly from it and have no idea what's real and what isn't. If I decide 'No' I have a horrid night of non-sleep, but get my work done because I give up trying to be asleep and study instead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well it's not yes and no surely. There's no way you can get an extension is there?

Ally said...

If I do ask for an extension it means I only get a pass mark, 40%.
I've worked too long on this to only get 40%. One piece is finished now, so only one more to go. Feeling a bit more positive about getting it finished on time now.