Swimming In The Rain

Last night I went swimming
in the rain.
Encased in liquid velvet
I rediscovered something
Something I lost long ago:
I found my soul.

Riding the luminescant waves,
glowing in the moonlight,
relishing in the raindrops,
my soul was alive:
alive and free

My soul caught my gaze
and seeing me laden down
let out a laugh
like a beautiful melody,
bewitching me like a spell.

I was captivated.
If I could just reach out far enough
I knew I would be saved,
and I could feel once more
the delights of swimming
in the rain.

Every stroke I made,
every wave that broke over my head
brought me no closer.
Like Echo I felt forever destined
to never obtain my hearts desire.

As I gave in to the pull
of the mysterious comfort
of the sea
one last time,
My soul saved me.

My soul saved me
and set me free.

I cried tears of relief
mixing in with the raindrops
and the sea water breaking all around.
I was at one and at peace
and I knew once more why it is
that I love to swim in the rain.

By Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this .
my favourite thing to do is go to the beach at night in the rain ! (with my friends of course) even though there are other people it remains quiet , peaceful , undisturbed. i am able to think about anything i want , uninterupted. you do feel free and alive , the waves surrounding you , the dark sky and stars looming over you. its the only place i feel at peace with myself. its kind of like a religion to me.

Ally said...

i much prefer the beach at night to daytime, it's got a magical feeling to it, kind of like I feel more alive, or rather, more aware of being alive. completely agree with what you say about feeling like you can think about anything - the thinking feels clearer, less noise, less interference going on. :)