My First Clients

I had a note in my tray waiting for me when I got to work yesterday from my counselling supervisor. He's written to my tutor to confirm my readiness to begin counselling. Me counselling others, not having the counselling myself (although I have to do that too). So in January I should be set up with my first two clients. Very scary thought. This is the culmination of several years of study and training courses. When I am 'counselling' fellow students on my course I feel confident in what I do. Plus my feedback has been very postive - not blowing my own trumpet, just telling it like it is. This is what I've wanted for so long now. To get out there and be counselling people. And I am really excited about it. All I want from life is to help people; or to help people help themselves. In January I will be one giant step closer to the career I want and away from that stuffy little council office where all I do is make sick peoples lives harder. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Congratulations, missy!

I am very proud :) xxx